Saturday, February 2, 2008

FoodLog: Inspiration

Two things recently have inspired this new topic.

1) My little sister, S, told me that her foodie professor encouraged her to try one new thing new every time she went to the supermarket. I thought that that was an interesting idea.

2) I was cruising around some foodie websites and ran into this blog: CandyBlog How awesome is it to try every variety of candy and review/rate them? K said he was surprised that I hadn't thought of it yet. "ME TOO." I said. (If you get a chance to read it, the Peeps Mash Up, and the Peeps MOnster Mash Up are very amusing).

Now, I haven't hit the interesting foods yet, so please be understanding that this is just a quick start list. Currently bought and tried:

Oreo Cakesters: Looks like a whoopie-pie, good. Tastes nothing like a whoopie-pie, bad. Tastes nothing like an Oreo, even worse. YUCK. 0 out of 7 yummy points. On the positive side, the new spring Oreos returned my faith in the snack with happy yellow filling and cute graphics.

Chocolate Gelato from BlueBunny:
A surprising hit with K and I. We ate it all. (It helped that it is only 8 oz.) Smooth, chocolaty, and totally worth the buck that I paid for it. It should be noted that K and I are not big ice cream eaters, so it says a lot that we enjoyed it so much.

Yoplait GoGurts:
I have realized that I am a sucker for packaging, because eating a yogurt Otter Pop style was surprisingly appealing to me. True, the flavors can be a little odd because they are Kid-geared, (Cool Cotton Candy?) but the portion size and ease to consume (anything I can eat without needing two hands and is not messy is really great to me right now) make this a decent find. They can be pricey though, so I was happy to find a large box at the Costco. Bonus: they are good frozen too (which is good because there is no way we will make it through the whole Costco Box before they expire.)

Enjoy! I would be happy to have suggestions on new things to try too, so if you see anything worth trying, let me know.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Thanks for trying these products. I wanted to try the Cakesters so thanks for saving me some dough and some bad treats. Good call on trying new stuff!