Please excuse the lengthy time I have left those appalling pictures up of my feet. I hope that some day readers will come back to the blog again!
In a way, I am conflicted about blogging. I love posting about the family and what we are doing. But I secretly want to simply post what is on my mind, have this be more of a diary of sorts. I'm not sure that those two thing belong together. A simple answer would be to have two separate blogs, but that sounds like way too much work. (As you can tell, I so terrific about keeping this one current.). I guess I am just into complaining and not really fixing the problem.
Lots of big events have happened in the last few months. Baby K turned one. T turned three. I turned 33. We did a big family trip to Disneyland to celebrate T being a big girl and being all done with diapers. Halloween and Thanksgiving have come and gone, and we are now busy Christmas-ing.
Baby K is still not walking, or consistently sleeping through the night, but he is talking up a storm. He says daddyyyy (always long y like that, it's really cute), momma, up, boo, cup, thank you, clock, duck, peach, drink, nanana (banana), shut, poop, teacher, down, more, hop, and a ton of animal sounds. He will replicate most things we say to him, but he won't consistently use them yet. His not walking has made him creative in alternative methods in getting around. He will crawl with no knees on the ground. Or walk on his knees if he wants to carry something, which is hilariously slow. His most effective method of getting around is getting on one of these and being a speed demon all over the house. The more we have encouraged him to walk, it seems the more he has resisted it. Stubbornness is definitely a family trait.
We have also had the first couple of snowstorms hit already. Have I mentioned how much I dislike being cold? I have? Well, I still really do. My running/training has taking a real beating because of it. As if it was hard enough to get out before.... Signing up for a Half Marathon in February was not the smartest of choices. S and I ran a 10k on Thanksgiving morning in 5 degree weather. That's right, a balmy 5 degrees. I don't feel any tougher for doing it either. Just more wary of getting out. I think there is a little over 10 weeks until Austin. I've got to get running. I've got to get running.
I also need to get to sleep. War and Peace is excellent bedtime reading. Let's just say it's gong to be awhile before I finally finish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love reading your blog, I would love to read anything you have to share! I do really love seeing pics of your kids. ; )
Post a Comment