Friday, August 8, 2008

August 8 is a good day.

It is the birthday of a well loved and missed grandma. Is is the birthday of a good high school friend. And five years ago today K asked me to marry him.

Poor guy, he was really nervous. Which rarely happens. So the gig was up.

It was so romantic and silly and funny and great. The evening started out with some rain, so our alfresco dinner was a little extra moist, but a rainbow came out just as the Utah symphony was about to start playing at the Sundance amphitheater and it was Oh So Romantic to cuddle under the stars with a live orchestra. K asked me to marry him later that night, in the backyard of my grandmother's home that I was living in. The place where we first kissed. I remember that he was so sweet and serious and I was soooooo happy that I tackled him and kissed him and said yes.

The memory makes me smile even now.

Did you know that when we were first dating that K drove me to about 8 7-elevens just to find the flavor of slurpee I wanted? Yah, I know. And he makes me laugh, hard. And even though I can be embarrassing and stubborn and perplexing and frustrating, he puts up with me. He even forgives me when I know he shouldn't.

I really love that guy.

August 8 is a great day.

3 comments:

The Bat said...

I am happy to hear that Aug. 8 has as much meaning to you as it does to me. That's pretty cool.

Alicia said...

This is the sweetest post :).

Mylie said...

That's such a sweet story.