Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Big Boy Bed



Can you tell Little K is excited about his big boy bed? We have been saying for awhile now that it was time, T was about a year younger when she was in one. K saw a bunk bed at Costco that splits into two twins, and he thought that it would be perfect for the kids. It is. The one Little K is in even has a guardrail so he won't roll out (like T did on her first night on a big girl bed.)

The funny thing is, I didn't even realize that the day I put Little K in his crib for the last time that it was the last time! We started talking about it and bam! it was in the house. (I didn't even have bedding ready for him, so he gets a mish-mash until we get some together. ) It wasn't until I was taking all his crib bedding out that I got misty eyed. Don't get me wrong, I love where he is right now, he is so smart and funny and OPINIONATED. But I don't know if I will be using the crib ever again. We have had a crib in the house for 4 1/2 years now. It seems weird to let it go.

So far it has been great. Little K cannot wait to get into bed and is so happy just hanging out and reading stories in it. It hasn't cured him of his waking up at night, but at least if I need to, I can lie down by him and be comfy too.


Little K with his buddies Duck, Monkey and Bunny.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

He looks sooooo happy and cute!