Friday, January 20, 2012

Thankful Tree



On Thanksgiving, I decided that we should do some type of fun activity together.  Pinterest gives so many good ideas, but I was a little on overload, so it had to be easy and quick. I saw some packing materials by my desk and thought, that would make a good tree trunk! I cut out a bunch of leaves and we sat as a family to put together our thankful tree.

It was a great experience for our family. T really got into it and wanted me to write long paragraphs and stories about being thankful, (I did some editing,) but I was pleasantly pleased at how much she understands. I recently read a book called The Entitlement Trap and one of the points talks about family traditions and how important they are to having a close family. It also encourages recording them all in a Family Book, so every month the kids can see what will happen and get excited. This is FOR SURE going in.

Our Thankful Tree lasted longer than our Christmas tree. I loved having the reminder there all the time as I walked past the back door. Recently, I decided it was time to move on. I wanted to remember what we wrote, so as I pulled the leaves down I recorded the list.

Dancing
Being Thankful
Monkey (Little K's stuffed monkey)
Treats
Sleep
Fruits and Veggies
Prayers
Kai
Tessa's Love
Good Health
Crafts Together
Holidays
Birthday Parties
Having Fun with You!
Love
Work
Home
Things that Make Me Laugh (cat videos)
Being Kind
Feeling Happy and Having Fun
Grandmas and Grandpas
"Loves" (Hugs & Kisses)
Our Family
Milk
Friends


Pretty simple, but oh so sweet.  Thanks, Thankful Tree!

No comments: