Shortly after T was born I noticed that she had a hair on the top of her head that was about three times as long as the rest of her hair. This random strand has provided me many amusing musings. Was it the first hair she got in utero or was it simply more ambitious than the rest? How should I treat it? Like a mini comb over perhaps? I didn't want to cut it because it was quirky and charming. And because it was T's and is part of this little person I am discovering.
For awhile little T has been fairly content to just hang out and play in one place. Within the last four days though, T has figured out that she can go get more things to explore. Or come get me. Or bite K's toes. What makes it T though is that she will get really close to her object of choice, quit crawling towards it, lay down and reach the rest of the way. (With me, she looks at me, arm stretched forward, with an expression that reads "hey, I made it this far, can't you just grab me from there?") She's had to be content to just reach for things for so long that I don't think that she realizes the power of crawling yet (for this, for now, I will be grateful).
T has gotten so interactive too. To encourage more tummy time the last few months, I would say "hooray" and clap. Now, she will stop what she is doing to clap if you start to clap or say "hooray" to her. She is waving "hi" and "bye", pointing, and when I ask her where ...(anything).. is, she does the cutest "I don't know" gesture. In the morning, as I get up to get her, I will see her on the monitor clapping away and throwing in a few "I don't know" gestures while babbling to herself. What a silly girl.
Other milestones of note: T's first tooth showed up in Hawaii. About the same day she went from laying down to sitting for the first time. S, my sister, also gave her her first taste of fish and man, I thought baby peas were bad! I had to finger swipe it out. S got some seriously dirty looks for the rest of the night. Poor T-we know- fish are friends, NOT FOOD.
And I swear she said "duck" two days ago and "doggie" today. Maybe. I hope it was "duck".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh my gosh!!! Crawling, talking, clapping, and rejecting fish??? She is sooo grownup now! I can't believe it! Holy cow.
Post a Comment