We are looking for a home. I never really pictured this part of the "owing a home" experience, just imagined going from no home to living in a home. And man, how does anyone do this? How do people actually decide what home is right for them? Overwhelming and stressful are the two words that sum up my experience so far. And we haven't even found a home yet.
I can tell I will be the nightmare client for our new real estate agent. I'd like to visit the homes again the next day. I'd like them on a different lot. I want to feel like our new home is right. (Who knows how that happens?) Mostly, I'd like some kind of sign from God to let me know what we should buy (and I am sorta not joking). SO MUCH MONEY to throw at something you are not sure about. A house you may grow to love. Or have quirks that constantly irritate you.
Hmmmm, suddenly this is making parallels to marriage.
It could be a similar approach. Too bad you can't date a home and try it out before you get too invested and offer a diamond ring.
When does this get good and exciting? Around the honeymoon?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Good luck with the home thing, there is nothing more stressful - from our experience it was kinda like marriage...all the sudden it was just right and things fell into place even though it is freaky to take that step - we hope something comes along for you soon that you can get excited about
Congratulations! That's awesome. Just remember it's your first home it doesn't mean it will be your last. Figure out what is most important to you and what fits in your budget. Also when looking at a home I like to see where I can make improvements. When we bought our second home we were torn between a few. Ultimately we decided on this one it had less wow appeal but was larger, nearer to the school our kids would go to and we've made it our own. Half of wow appeal is really just a lack of decorating so we've been working on that. The backyard was large but boring once again it has been fixed with time and money. We hated the kitchen island. We figured out a solution that required some investment but didn't require us pulling out the whole thing. We're not done yet our home was only 4 years old when we bought it and we've only lived here 3 yrs.
We only had three days to pick this one out.
The most stressful part to me waiting to see if the sellers accepted our bid and then waiting for it all to finalize.
Good luck! I'm sure you'll find something you like.
Post a Comment